Thursday, April 7, 2011

Back in an alternate universe

Hi, friends

As the resident I would agree coming back to UCSF is odd and on some level unsettling. I know that I'm here with the purpose of transforming my immune system but I have to remind myself of this because the process and experience feels anything other. Imagine being admitted to a hospital feeling good and then have treatments and procedures that start to render your well being. This is my present experience. I am beginning my third day of chemotherapy. My blood levels were tested @ the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota (imagine that) and the results indicated I required an increase from 45 mm to 60 mm of chemo. I feel restless, bored, and anxious. I think I need to meditate and visualize the love end support from all of you because that is what will get me through this period.

Love,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment