Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekend update, with Nancy and Tom

Hi, everyone.

Thought I'd beat Saturday Night Live...Nancy's doing well, we're mostly just waiting.

Her marrow biopsy results from Wednesday were good, no evident leukemia cells, although they do show up in some other tests. The hospital is contacting her brother and sister to do the testing to see if they can be marrow donors. She's on three antibiotics to compensate for her compromised immune system, and is now doing fine, with no fevers or side effects. She looks great -- if you didn't know she's dealing with cancer, you wouldn't be able to tell. Except for the IV cart that accompanies her everywhere, of course. We call it Wally.

She is starting to lose her hair, however. We're planning on when to clip her hair short, how much, etc. She also doesn't have much of an appetite, so I've been bringing whatever she wants to eat. I get to have many of the hospital dinners, which are ok, but not haute cuisine.

She wants to thank everyone for your calls, visits, cards, gifts, prayers, positive thoughts. "I'm very grateful. I know that I'm being held in a circle of love." She also says, "I just want to get out of here, I miss my cats, my life. I'm trying to embrace this one as graciously as I can. My sacred teaching has been to be more receptive, to receive your support."

love,
tom and nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment