Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Awake and responsive (day 7)

Nancy is off the anesthetics today, so she is awake and can nod yes and no. So I've been reading some of your lovely emails to her, and bringing her up to date on the day and time, and what has been happening to her. She didn't know she'd had surgery, and doesn't really remember much of the last few days, as far as I can tell. This is the first time in three days that she's been able to look me in the eye and I can see her.

She's not in any pain, although she still has bursts of atrial fibrillation, so she is getting pain meds. She still has the breathing tube, the dialysis catheter, the feeding tube, the foley catheter...and her kidneys are still out of action.

Now the neurosurgeons are looking at the second abscess, at vertebra C2 right under her skull. We may have more surgery tomorrow to drain this last abscess. I should know more later today.

By the way, I've gotten a dozen to forty responses to each of my emails, so it's been hard to reply to everyone. I do read them all, and really appreciate all your offers of support. I'll call as I think of things that would help.

love,
-tdc

No comments:

Post a Comment