Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Waiting for improvement (day 14)

Hello, friends. Like yesterday, there is little to report on Nancy's progress. She's still needing the support of the respirator most of the time, and dialysis. The antibiotic treatment continues, she's still very frustrated, still can't talk, or move very much. But she's alert, all her vitals look good, and had a couple of visitors today, which she really appreciated.

I'm doing what I can to make her comfortable. And waiting outside right now, while the nursing shift changes. My days now have a curious, 3-way rhythm...I go to work in the morning, come here early in the evening until nine or ten, then back home to the "temple", where I light candles, feed kitties and myself, do some housework and handle bills, and sleep. I'm really grateful for our house, which has been a refuge through all of this.

It's time for her kidneys to pick up the load, for her breathing to strengthen. Her infection needs to continue to subside. Please continue to hold these intentions.

Love,
-tdc

No comments:

Post a Comment